The famous mystical power central! “Togakushi Shrine” This shrine was developed as the base for the mountain worship towards Mt. Togakushi. It used to be a temple that assembled a number of pilgrims’ lodgings, and was turned into a Shinto shrine that is deeply associated with deities from the myth of “Opening of Amanoiwato” and was worshiped by many people, after the Meiji period. It consists of five buildings, each named Okusha, Chusha, Hokosha, Kuzuryusha and Hinomikosha.
Kuzuryusha sits next to Okusha, and has been the central deity for the Togakushi worship as the local deity since the old time. As the deity who presides over the water, it is worshiped by the people engaged in agriculture in the wide area along Torii, Kusu and Susobana rivers, as well as the Echigo region, which is connected through the underground water.
Though the date of foundation is unknown, it was enshrined as the local deity before the enshrinement of Amenotajikaraonomikoto. It is worshiped for its divine virtue of realization of wishes. It is also worshiped as the god of caries as well as of matchmaking.
|Address||Togakushi Nagano-shi P||Phone Number||Chusha Shrine Office
|Website||http://www.togakushi-jinja.jp/||MAPCODE *||1004 037 444*30|
|Access||Approx. 30 to 35 km away from Suzaka Nagano Higashi IC, or 60 to 70 min. ride on the bus to "Togakushi Campground" from JR Nagano station get off at “Okusha Iriguchi”|
|Parking||Okusha approach (toll parking): Approx. 100 cars near the entrance (Space for Large buses available)|
* "マップコード" and "MAPCODE" are registered trademarks of DENSO.